About Bright & Early DuPage
Bright & Early DuPage (B&ED), an initiative of DuPage Foundation, is a unique program designed to leverage area resources to ensure that all DuPage children from birth to age five receive the comprehensive support critical in preparing them for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Community by community, B&ED is engaging and uniting local organizations and individuals to build awareness for and facilitate access to early childhood education and support services for DuPage children and their families. Each year, the B&ED initiative provides grant funding to local community organizations to help establish, build and maintain early childhood collaboratives. B&ED also serves as a voice for early learning and child-friendly policies at all levels of government.
Every DuPage child will be ready to succeed in kindergarten.
To build sustainable, coordinated, local early childhood systems that actively work to increase access to quality education and support for children and families with limited resources.
DuPage Early Childhood Collaboration (DECC)
DECC is the county-wide umbrella organization that works with the local collaboratives in DuPage County, seven of which are funded by Bright & Early DuPage including:
- Addison Partners for Play, Learning, & Education (APPLE)
- Bensenville Early Learning Supporters
- Birth to 5 Community Coalition (Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, and Hanover Park)
- Glenbard Early Childhood Collaborative
- Villa Park Area Early Childhood Collaborative
- Wheaton/Warrenville Early Childhood Collaborative
- Willowbrook Corner Coalition