The Glen Ellyn Fund
The Glen Ellyn Fund Initiative (GEFI) is a new partnership between the Village of Glen Ellyn and DuPage Foundation that provides Glen Ellyn residents and friends with a vehicle to support unique projects and opportunities aimed at preserving and enhancing the quality of life throughout Glen Ellyn.
Led by an Advisory Committee of Glen Ellyn community leaders and residents, five initial areas have been identified in which the GEFI will focus; however, donors are welcome to suggest the exploration of other causes and projects that are meaningful to them and their loved ones.
The five initial focus areas are:
- Community Arts & Cultural Programs, such as an enhanced annual Jazz Festival weekend with new mobile stages and a sound system
- Social and Recreational Programs, such as a Senior Services & Social Center that could offer technical support, educational programs and unique social events
- Environmental Sustainability, including new landscaping initiatives for the Downtown, tree preservation, schools and public education programs
- Green Space and Open Space, such as the purchase of new land and the preservation and enhancement of parks and historic landmarks
- Infrastructure & Capital Improvements, including a Downtown parking garage, bike lanes and Civic Center renovation
The Initiative allows donors the flexibility to give now, make a planned gift, or do both. Ways to give include:
- IRAs and Other Qualified Retirement Plans
- Bequests through a Will
- Distributions from a Living Trust
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts
- Private Foundation Grants
To learn more or make a gift, please contact Mike Sitrick, DuPage Foundation vice president for advancement, at 630.598.5285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.