The Glen Ellyn Fund
The Glen Ellyn Fund Initiative (GEFI) is a partnership between the Village of Glen Ellyn and DuPage Foundation that provides Glen Ellyn residents and friends with a vehicle to support unique projects and opportunities aimed at preserving and enhancing the quality of life throughout Glen Ellyn.
Led by an Advisory Committee of Glen Ellyn community leaders and residents, five initial areas have been identified in which the GEFI will focus; however, donors are welcome to suggest the exploration of other causes and projects that are meaningful to them and their loved ones.
Five Initial Focus Areas
- Community Arts & Cultural Programs
- Social and Recreational Programs
- Environmental Sustainability
- Green Space and Open Space
- Infrastructure & Capital Improvements
The Initiative allows donors the flexibility to give now, make a planned gift, or do both. Ways to give include:
- IRAs and Other Qualified Retirement Plans
- Bequests through a Will
- Distributions from a Living Trust
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts
- Private Foundation Grants
Glen Ellyn Fund grants support unique projects and opportunities aimed at preserving and enhancing the quality of life in Glen Ellyn in the five initial focus areas.