Next Generation Initiative
The Next Generation Initiative (NGI) is a group of community-minded individuals working to effect a positive impact within DuPage by engaging and empowering our county's next generation of philanthropic leaders and volunteers and providing them with opportunities to connect, learn, and give back.
NGI offers opportunities for like-minded community leaders of all ages to join together to learn about philanthropy, participate in the giving process, volunteer, and help raise the quality of life for the residents of DuPage County.
NGI hosts a mix of activities for members each year, including educational programs focusing on philanthropy, introductions to DuPage area not-for-profits, group service projects, and social events.
NGI also enables members to participate in pooled giving through a permanent endowment fund by making fully tax-deductible annual dues and other contributions. Earnings from the fund are used by NGI to make grants in support of local not-for-profit organizations selected by our members.
Benefits of Joining
- Learn more about philanthropy and area not-for-profits doing great work for our community
- Meet and connect with others who share your passion for giving and volunteering
- Enjoy fun social events, volunteer projects, and other activities
- Explore your charitable interests
- Leverage charitable contributions through pooled giving
Since its inception, NGI has received more than $275,000 in contributions for the Next Generation Initiative Fund.
To date, NGI has made more than $85,000 in grants to local not-for-profit organizations. See all NGI grant recipients here.
With support provided by members throughout the year, NGI can substantially enhance its impact through grantmaking and volunteer activities for area not-for-profits.
NGI can help companies and other organizations gain valuable exposure and reach audiences inspired to effect positive change in DuPage County.
- Aon - Corporate Partner
- DuPage Medical Group Charitable Fund - Corporate Partner
- Heritage Professional Associates - Corporate Partner
- Giving DuPage - Volunteer Opportunities Partner
- Esser Hayes Insurance Group
- Itasca Bank & Trust Co.