Next Generation Initiative
The DuPage Foundation's Next Generation Initiative is a group of community-minded individuals working to effect a positive impact within DuPage by engaging and empowering our county's next generation of philanthropic leaders and volunteers and providing them with opportunities to connect, learn and give back.
The NGI offers an opportunity for like-minded community leaders of all ages to join together to learn about philanthropy, participate in the giving process, volunteer, and work to help raise the quality of life for the residents of the DuPage community.
To facilitate the above goals, the NGI hosts a mix of activities for members each year including educational programs focusing on philanthropy, introductions to DuPage area not-for-profits, group service projects and social events.
As part of the process, the NGI also allows members to participate in pooled giving through a permanent endowment fund by making fully tax-deductible annual dues and other contributions. The earnings from the fund are then used by the NGI to make grants in support of local not-for-profit organizations selected by its members.
Benefits of Joining
- Learn more about philanthropy and area not-for-profits doing great work for our community
- Meet and connect with others who share your passion for giving and volunteering
- Enjoy fun social events, volunteer projects and other activities
- Explore your charitable interests
- Leverage charitable contributions through pooled giving
Since its inception, the NGI has received more than $150,000 in contributions for the Next Generation Initiative Fund.
To date, the NGI has made more than $28,000 in grants to organizations including:
- Assistance League of Chicagoland West
- The Conservation Foundation
- DuPage Senior Citizens Council
- Family Shelter Service
- Friends of the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
- Hamdard Center for Health and Human Services
- Humanitarian Service Project
- Linden Oaks Behaviorial Health
- Literacy DuPage
- The Morton Arboretum
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Outreach Community Ministries
- People's Resource Center
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
- Turning Pointe Autism Foundation
- World Relief DuPage/Aurora
With support provided by NGI members throughout the year, the NGI can substantially enhance its impact on area not-for-profits through its grantmaking and volunteer activities.
In addition, the NGI can help companies gain valuable exposure and reach audiences inspired to effect positive change in DuPage County. There are several benefits of becoming an NGI Corporate Sponsor.
2017 Sponsor and Volunteer Partners
- DuPage Medical Group Charitable Fund - Lead Corporate Partner
- Giving DuPage - Volunteer Opportunities Partner
- Maurer Group of Merrill Lynch
- Stahl | Cowen
- Wheaton Bank & Trust
2016 Sponsor Partners